Stantec Administrative Assistant - Construction in Yucca Valley, California
MWH Constructors (MWHC), a nationally recognized heavy civil construction company, is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will support MWHC's Construction Management Services (CMS) group in support of four Hi-Desert Water District’s Collection System projects in Yucca Valley, CA. The Collection System projects consist of three separate sewer collection system projects, 25-miles each, and one project containing three sewer lift stations. The duration of the combined projects is four years, with approximately two years remaining.
MWHC provides CMS for water and wastewater facilities, environmental remediation and other projects that fall within our core competency of wet infrastructure. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored “start-to-finish” construction management capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and startup services with licensed operators.
The Administrative Assistant will support office coordination and administrative activities. This individual will report to the project Construction Manager and provide assistance to project team members. The position is based in Yucca Valley, CA.
• Act as liaison between own project group and other departments, external contacts, clients, etc. Such liaison activities may be required to arrange meetings, clarify and resolve problems, coordinate work, maintain working relationships, etc.
• Participate actively with other administrative support staff in assisting project.
• Oversee and / or process day-to-day administrative items including expense reports, supply requisitions, personnel transaction forms, operating budgets, etc.
• Compose and / or edit letters, memos, reports, proposals, procedures, etc.
• Assist with project document printing and production (binding, collating, quality checking, packaging, shipping, etc.).
• Schedule appointments, update calendars, assist with travel arrangements.
• Schedule meetings, coordinate meetings, prepare draft-meeting minutes.
• Maintain records, create and maintain charts, graphs, spreadsheets and databases.
• Various other administrative duties as assigned.
Administrative Assistant - Construction
• High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• Minimum of two years of experience providing administrative support, preferably with a professional services firm and / or construction projects.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook (Calendar and Address functions).
• Proficiency in typing and taking dictation and meeting minutes.
• Working knowledge of general office procedures.
• Interpret and administer company policies, programs or procedures requiring independent decision making.
• Able to develop and maintain cooperative, enthusiastic, flexible, and effective working relationships with clients and team members.
• Ability to organize and coordinate group work efforts.
• Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines, establish high standards and measures, do work right the first time and inspect material for flaws, reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
• Able to produce high quality work consistently on multiple assignments, in a deadline-driven environment.
• Able to handle confidential and time-sensitive information with discretion and independent judgment.
• Demonstrated interest in taking initiative, anticipating needs, carrying projects through to completion with minimal direction, and working with a high degree of urgency.
• Self-motivated and proactive.
• Superior organization and project management skills. Ability to anticipate and seek out needs and ask for further clarification when necessary.
• Positive attitude and flexibility in environment of tight deadlines, frequent interruptions, unresolved problems, changes, and unexpected events.
• Superior interpersonal skills, telephone manner, and knowledge of business protocol.
• Strong belief in customer service.
• Impeccable communication skills and superior organizational capabilities, with the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
Admin Support, Business Support
• Administrative experience in a civil / environmental engineering or construction firm.
• Business or technical degree.
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods.
Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and capital construction services.
Join a team that’s advancing the growth in communities where we live and work. We are integrated program managers, engineers and construction experts with proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
The Stantec Construction group consists of MWH Constructors and Slayden in the U.S. and Stantec Treatment in the U.K.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States - California - Yucca Valley