Wolf Creek Federal Services Janitor (Site-Specific/ Temporary/ Part-time/ On-call) in TWENTYNINE PALMS, California
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/ General Description of Job:
Under direction of the Janitor Lead, the incumbent will provide support for the daily custodial maintenance and operation of all facilities at MCAGCC 29 Palms, CA.
Incumbent will perform a full range of custodial duties related to the care, maintenance and cleaning of all assigned buildings and facilities.
Keeps supervisor apprised of unique situations and problems encountered.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Able to do a variety of tasks in any single day.
- Plan, organize work, and meet all deadlines.
- Incumbent will clean and sanitize rest room facilities and related fixtures including drinking fountains: refrigerated water coolers, custodial mop sinks, rest room sinks, urinals and toilets: replenish supplies in restrooms, etc.
- Responsible to sweep, vacuum, mop, wax, strip and polish floors and equipment.
- Responsible in ensuring all dusting (both high and low) areas are maintained as necessary and polish furniture, woodwork, fixtures and equipment.
- Wash windows (both interior and exterior), mirrors and walls. Washing windows may require use of ladders.
- Responsible for ensuring all tables and chairs are cleaned and polished as required.
- Empty, clean and sanitize waste receptacles.
- Move and arrange furniture and equipment for cleaning and replace when completed.
- Responsible for cleaning window blinds both Venetian or vertical as required.
- Identify and report building maintenance needs in assigned buildings and facilities.
- Perform specialized projects such as restoration programs on floors, walls, ceilings, furniture, and other items.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Timely, cost effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all work.
- Adherence to contract requirements and WCFS policies.
- Working closely and harmoniously with fellow workers.
- Adherence to all safety and health rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the timely reporting of accidents, injuries, “near-miss”, and hazardous situations.
- General knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Mature judgment and ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal residency alien.
- Valid state driver’s license with excellent driving record (must provide current driving record).
- Must be able to pass background investigation.
- At least 2 years Janitorial experience.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
This temporary, part-time, and on-call position is open to site-specific MASC employees only.
Primary Location: US-California-TWENTYNINE PALMS
Number of Openings: 2
Job Number: TWE10015
Req ID: TWE10015