Tenet Healthcare Occupational Therapist Full Time Days 5K Sign on Bonus in Palm Springs, California
Occupational Therapist Full Time Days 5K Sign on Bonus Desert Regional Medical Center
Support and assist the development of the Rehabilitation Program area(s) assigned and for the provision of occupational therapy services. Rehabilitation Services at Desert Regional Medical Center may include the provision of physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and recreational therapy to patients on Acute units, Acute Rehab, the Skilled Nursing Facility, and in the Out-Patient Program. These programs provide services to include wound care, orthopedic, medical, medical-surgical, and neuro-rehab. Occupational therapy services will be provided to infants, children, adolescents, adults and the geriatric population as indicated by qualified therapists. The therapist will be involved in multidisciplinary case conferences and discharge planning for patients of all ages treated at Desert Regional Medical Center.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Evaluate and implement plan of treatment under the supervision of the Physician to ensure timely provision of Physical Therapy services. Responsible for cost efficiency and quality of rehab services provided.
• Demonstrated competence through direct observation during assessment, treatment and care of patients as evidenced by the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs as it relates to age-specific criteria, knowledge of growth and development, and the understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
• Attend 1 outside seminar, which may include healthcare related college curriculum. Provide 1 educational inservice to peers per Seminar attended. ( CEU or College Credit).
• Document accurately, clearly, legibly, timely ( the day and time of treatment) within the scope of practice. This will include evaluations, progress notes, reports and calls to Physicians, prescription updates, checking for authorization approvals prior to treatment and accurate charges, completing all necessary chart information to ensure accurate information for care and reimbursement. Therapists will attend and participate in care plan, daily, weekly and, discharge planning meetings and rounds as required on the unit served.
• Consistently completes all necessary and required documentation as it pertains to TJC guidelines.
• Independent peer review of random patient charts to ensure/document adherence to scope of practice in regards to documentation. (Forms to be submitted monthly to Rehab Manager/Director).
• Demonstrates consistent active clinical supervisory role to PTA/COTA/Aides as required.
• Collaborates with peers and subordinates in a professional manner.
• Meet productivity standard for primary cost center.
• Proactively assists in other rehab departments (those not your primary cost center) to ensure overall decrease in overtime/registry usage.
• Give at least two inservices on issues pertaining to rehabilitation to improve the clinical strength of the department and impact program development.
• Provide two or more inservices in regards to pertinent patient related information to expand knowledge base of staff and enhance/expand department programs.
• Actively pursue courses to increase knowledge in area of need for hospital.
• Promote quality patient care by monitoring and implementing change through the Performance Improvement Program.
Valid California Occupational Therapy license
Documentation of eligibility for valid California Occupational Therapy license
Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Required
Experienced in the supervision of OTA’s and Rehab Aides
1 Year experience as a licensed Occupational Therapist
Job: Therapy and Rehabilitation
Organization: Desert Regional Medical Center
Title: Occupational Therapist Full Time Days 5K Sign on Bonus
Location: CA-Palm Springs
Requisition ID: 1705034125