SMG Facility Engineer in Palm Springs, California
SMG, the leader in private management of public facilities, has an employment opportunity for an
Facility Engineer for the Palm Springs Convention Center. For more information about our organization, please visit the following web sites: www.palmspringscc.com, www.visitpalmsprings.com, www.smgworld.com
Position is responsible for maintaining all facility equipment, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical plants; lighting and climate control systems; roofing systems; telecommunications, maintenance/cleaning equipment, painting interior and/or exterior of walls or building surfaces and assisting with general building maintenance.
- Ensures proper and efficient operation of all building systems and equipment.
- Performs routine inspections throughout facility to detect wearing, malfunctions or breakdowns.
- Investigates malfunctions or breakdowns of systems to diagnose causes and locate the source of the problem.
- Make repairs to equipment, systems and devices as assigned within the scope of individual skillset.
- Anticipates potential malfunctions or breakdowns and takes appropriate action to prevent or minimize curtailment of services.
- Operates auxiliary supply systems when necessary.
- Coordinates shutdown and start-ups of utilities when necessary.
- Works with vendors and contractors in maintenance and repair of systems and equipment.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA, NFPA and all other applicable laws and regulations.
- Assists with emergency action plans for system malfunctions or breakdowns.
- Analyzes needs and assists with preventative maintenance programs and upgrades for systems.
- Operates equipment, such as industrial trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, scrubbing machines or other light power-driven equipment.
- Ensures proper utilization and processing of work orders.
- Assists with facility cleaning and janitorial tasks including, but not limited to, cleaning and stocking restrooms; sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning, washing, stripping, carpet cleaning, window washing and waxing as needed.
- Assists with facility equipment maintenance and repair including, but not limited to, cleaning chairs, repairing risers, tables and any other equipment as needed.
- Assists with basic building repairs and maintenance including, but not limited to, painting, wall repair, carpet removal and replacement, equipment installations, changing light bulbs, debris removal, landscaping and other general labor activities.
- Assists with set up and take down flooring, portable chairs, operable walls, barricades, staging, tables, telephones and other equipment for the successful execution of events as needed.
- Painting interior and exterior wall and building surfaces as needed.
- Promotes and fulfills SMG goals and brand promise.
- Participates in safety programs to achieve safety goals.
- Assists the department and organization with various projects and special assignments as needed.
- Assist clients and facility visitors as needed.
- Attends and participates in planning, training, and staff meetings.
- Performs other assigned duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HVAC, Electrical or Plumbing vocational or higher training is preferred.
In addition to the above education requirement, 2 years mechanical engineering experience including HVAC, electrical and plumbing is preferred. Painting experience required.
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Applicants will own and utilize general tools as required to perform basic facility maintenance and repairs.
- Working knowledge of MS office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word is required.
- Experience with an automated Building Management System is preferred.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors as required in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work extended periods of time walking, kneeling, crawling and standing.
- Ability to climb ladders, work on elevated platforms and in confined spaces is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
- HVAC, plumbing, electrical and Information Technology certification/licensing preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply at: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?d=External&c=1152751&d
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages Women, Minorities,
Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
SMG - The Palm SpringsConvention Center and Bureau of Tourism
277 North Avenida Caballeros
Palm Springs, CA92262
Camille Steele Human Resource Manager: 760-322-8417
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled