Kimpton Hotels Barback in Palm Springs, California
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: Assist the bartender with stock, cleanliness, equipment handling and maintenance. The position will also involve the serving of food and non-alcoholic beverages for the guests and service staff. All functions are carried out to maintain an environment of teamwork.
- Check the service stations and tables and ensure correct set-up and cleanliness.
- Assist the (Restaurant Name) dining services (if necessary), when and where appropriate.
- Answer the phone and assist with seating guests.
- Serve food if requested.
- Clean and change ashtrays and empty trash cans as necessary.
- Fill and clean ice bins.
- Stock beer and wine coolers.
- Clean shelving, stainless steel, mixers, cups, blenders and soda guns.
- Unpack deliveries, stock bar and change beer kegs.
- Notify a manager if a guest is becoming intoxicated or rude to other guests.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).