Kimpton Hotels Banquet Server in Palm Springs, California
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: The Banquet Server will provide prompt and courteous service to all guests, encouraging the guest to return for repeat business. All functions are to be carried out in an environment of teamwork.
- Provide guests with excellent customer service.
- Accommodate any needs for reasonable special requests.
- Knowledge of food and wine.
- Bus and set tables.
- Prepare room for event (set table cloths, dishes and silverware as needed)
- Set condiments as needed
- Serve guests food & drinks during event as required
- Be able to answer questions related to buffet or menu
- Follow directions as detailed from Banquet Captain, Lead Server or Banquet Manager Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Specific experience we're seeking:
- Previous food & beverage, hospitality, restaurant, banquets or hotel experience required.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays and early AM hours
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).